So I’m sat on the train on the way to Geneva airport to head to the Telegraph Ski show this weekend. Always a great event, it really gets everyone buzzing about the coming season – and with the snow having just started falling and the temperature well and truly dropping, I know I’m not the only one getting excited about winter. At Massage Me HQ, we’ve got all our fingers and toes cross for a big snow winter!
So, onto the show. Massage Me are going to be there – well Olivia and I will be there working the crowds and fitting as much as possible into the days as we can. Which has got me thinking about what the best stall and events are going to be. With so much to see and do, it’ll be hard to cram it all into a couple of days, so here’s our top 5 things to try and fit in if you’re going.
1. Head to the park & watch the UK’s top skiers and boarders showcase.
Over the 4 days, there’s a jam-packed schedule, so bag yourself a good spot and support the pros and they show us how it’s really done.
- A 50ft real snow kicker has been erected – Mount Battersea if you like! – and Britain’s best will be competing and training and basically showing their skills in the run up to the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang this February.
- Jibworx are also hosting their rail jam University-Tour finals “Downtown Throwdown” which was a huge success last year. Go watch uni students throw down over the 4 days to be crowned kings & queens of the jam.
- The Brits style session and London big air comp are also happening. Its events like these that give the up and coming UK talent somewhere to launch themselves from. Olympians like James ‘Woodsey’ Woods and Murray Buchan have competed in previous years.
2. Go meet David Hasslehof who has switched his Baywatch boardie’s for salopettes this winter… Enough said…
But seriously, there are some legit UK hero’s there this winter though, and with things like the premiere of Depth Perception, the new Travis Rice snowboarding epic, we can only imagine that the pros will be there in force rubbing shoulders with the crowd.
If you want to bag a seat for Depth Perception, it’s screening on Friday at 1930 – 2030. The riders will be in the Powdair Lodge after the screening to answer questions (2030 -2100). You can’t pre-book a ticket and its walk-ups only so make sure you get there early.
3. Brush up on your technique with a free video analysis session with Warren Smith Ski.
Footage of you skiing will be analysed by the Warren Smith pro team and analysed on a one to one basis to help skiers improve. We can only imagine this will be super popular so get there early to book a slot.
4. Buy some stuff…
There’s always loads of bargain to be had at the show. There will be the big players like Snow + Rock telling you what’s cool this winter. But what’s also great is the smaller, independents that will be there like: Burnt Custard, Mojo Clothing, McNair and Wednesday Morning Breakfast Club – arguably the best name out there! The show is often the platform for a lot of smaller UK brands to launch and try and make their name.
5. Eat & drink some stuff…
Hosting arguably the first après of the season at the Powdair Lodge, you can be sure there will be bombs flying (of the jagar variety of course) and beer and wine flowing freely. It’s also time to get an early tartiflette in you with the stalls of course all mountain themed and the food reminding you of those long-lunches on the hill last winter.
PLUS DON’T FORGET!! It’s competition time!
We’ve got 2 x 60mins massages up for grabs at the show. All you have to do to win is :
Just get one of our flyers from Olivia or Jen
Find some friends and strike a pose with the flyer in the foreground
Post it to any of our social media pages & tag your mates
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @MassageMeAlps to be in with a chance of winning
Head over to our menu and see what you’re going to treat yourself to when you win!
Winners will be picked on the 1st Nov and announced on our social media.